My Kentucky Home

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sunny Kentucky














While I'm not a "homebred", I have fallen in love with Kentucky. Especially the Lexington area. There is so much to do here and the people care about each other. Here in Midway, I can't even walk my dog without someone knowing about it! Of course, small town America can have it's good points and bad. For me, living alone and fighting cancer, it's a blessing. There's always going to be someone who will check on me daily.

Of course, my favorite spot in Lexington is the Kentucky Horse Park. It is the "only park of its kind in the world...(it) is a working horse farm, educational theme park and equine competition facility dedicated to man's relationship with the horse", says the tourism brochure. In 2010, the park will host the World Equestrian Games. This will be the first time in the history of the event that the competition has been held outside of Europe.

The Horse Park also is home to numerous horse associations like the United States Equestrian Federation, the United States Dressage Federation, and the United States Pony Club among others.

You can visit the Horse Park via their web at: www.kyhorsepark.com Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home