My Kentucky Home

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Rice & May of Midway



Rice and May of Midway (my favoritess Antique store in Midway) will soon be known as May and Company. It has been owned and run for years by my friends Patsy Rice and Mary May Sayre. Patsy has recently decided to retire, so the new sign will go up very soon and the sole proprietress will be Mary Sayre. Mary was the first person I met when I came to Midway for my interview at the college. She immediately took me under her wing and introduced me to people and gave me tips on finding a place to live. Mary knows NO strangers.

The shop was originally built as a bank and later held the Midway Post Office from 1908-1915. This collection of antiques is rather eclectic. You'll be able to find everything from furniture to crystal. And if Mary doesn't have what you want, she'll help you find it!

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Vogt Family said...

Susan,
I truly enjoy your blog. I am going to the Dr. Sebastian George Annual Car Show today and will post some pictures. The Desert Cancer Foundation benefits from this event.
Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home