My Kentucky Home

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Smooth Bourbon and Fast Horses



Winstar Farm is one of my very favorite places in all the Bluegrass. It is the home of 3 reknown stallions - Tiznow, Distorted Humor and Victory Gallop. The farm is owned by 2 Texas businessmen (who made their fortunes by way of a little company called Excel Communications) and is really the "new kid on the block" as far as the bluebloods go, since it's only 4 years old.

This is my friend, Tony Moreno, from Thoroughbred Heritage Tours explaining conformation to one of our tour groups. The beautiful "model" is none other than Tiznow, the only Thorouhbred to ever win the Breeders Classic 2 years in a row.

I went with the group the other day on an afternoon tour that included Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort. This was our guide, Dave. He was quite a character, but he sure knew about Bourbon!! We got to see them hand bottling the very top of the tree in Bourbons. It was amazing to me how friendly everyone was, considering that we were all in their way as they tried to work. Buffalo Trace has won several very prestigious international awards for their Bourbons. Check my next post for more pictures.


3 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the pictures. I'm a big Derby fan.

Aloha,

Jeff

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Thanks, Jeff. Stay tuned, because I'm going to continue photographing the "Bluegrass" so I can share my adventures here.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Vogt Family said...

I have never heard of Buffalo Trace bourbon. I keep a 1 1/2 liter of Maker's Mark at home when I get a thirst for a good whiskey. I will look for Buffalo Trace.

Enjoy the update posts. Take care.

Eric in 115 Palm Desert, CA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home