My Kentucky Home

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Missing Friends


Today I got a good report from my cancer doctor. I'm holding my own. Not in remission, but still stable.

But the sad news was that one of my MM friends died a few months ago and I just heard the news this morning. It kind of knocked the wind out of my sails. He was such a nice, Christian man. He left a wife and 3 kids. He wasn't that old either. Maybe late 30's, early 40's.

So tonight I'm a little sad, wishing I had been able to see my friend before he died. But knowing that some day I'll see him again.

I urge you, my friends, to give that extra hug, that un-solicitated praise, that soft "I love you"...to the ones you love tonight. Take time to walk hand in hand, to sit outside and watch the sun go down and the stars come out. Leave the dishes in the sink and wrestle with your kids. Turn the TV off and read a book together cuddled on the couch. Make a fort out of tree limbs and cook dinner over an open fire. Don't let every day life dictate to you. But rather, reach for something richer. Make memories that you'll laugh over when your kids are married with kids of their own. Enjoy the little things.

And remember, above all, that God desires to give you life and that more abundantly than you can ever dream of, or wish for.

God Bless you all~

Susan

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

Your blog is fabulous. I love the travel posts and the nature and horse pictures.

One thing we havn't seen...where's the pictures of Baby Doll and does said canine american have a significant other (no telling what happens on those long morning walks?) Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks for sharing the blog with me!

Tony

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susa,
feeling totally at home and comfortable reading your blog.
Thank you!
Meena, wife and caregiver to Vartul, Torino, Italy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home